Saturday, January 3, 2009

Mrs. Mrs Jones...

I'm sitting here munching my Mom's homemade chex mix, (so much for that reduction in my backside).

I've been thinking about my hopeful statements for the year. The one about being happy with what we have and making the most of it. I have really never thought of myself as one who wants to "keep up with the Jones'." I like nice stuff and I covet things I see in magazines sometimes, but I don't rush out and buy something I can't afford just cause someone else has it. One area that I tend to get stuff more than I should is with my kids. I like for them to look nice, but I have realized, that as long as they are fairly clean and have reasonably up to date clothing, no body really cares!

I guess my point is, I am going to start focusing internally on my family instead of externally on others. I think we all need to try to do that more. And with the turn in the economy, the simple things in life start to take on new meaning.

Oh, and she put those little potato sticks in this year's batch, it rocks! Thanks Mom!

No comments: